Designer Direct Program Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I get a catalog from these manufacturers? Answer: HFC Designer provides digital versions of catalogs for our Designers. Hardbound versions are not available, even for purchase.
2) Can you drop off fabrics or leathers so I can make a selection with my customer? Answer: We can not deliver sales tools to your location. All fabrics, leathers, finish samples, nail trim, etc. are maintained at the HFC Designer office. They can be utilized by you and your customer by appointment only.Digital samples are showing on the manufacturer's web site.
3) Can you order samples of leathers, fabric, finishes, etc. from the manufacturer for me? Answer: Yes. The manufacturer web sites provide accurate images of the finishes, nail trim, etc. In some cases, we will have extras of certain fabric or leather and these can be checked out but must be returned. If a sample is available from the manufacturer, the Factory can mail a small cutting to you. There is a charge for Bradington Young leather samples. Hooker Furniture provides very few fabric samples for their product.
4) The availability of one of the items on my purchase order has been delayed. Can you ship the items that are in stock now? Answer: Only if the remaining balance of product is valued at $1000 or more. All orders are entered as "Ship Complete". Nothing will ship until all product is available.
5) Can I split an existing purchase order into multiple orders so they can ship quicker? Answer: Once an order has been paid and entered into the manufacturer's system, you would need to cancel the original purchase order and resubmit the new order. That will change the freight amount as well as release the product that has been allocated to the original order. All manufacturers reserve product on a first come first serve basis. Product that was previously allocated to your original order may no longer be in stock and available for your new order.
6) I need my product to ship faster. Can I change the carrier and pay for expedited freight? Answer: No. The product is ordered and shipped under the HFC Designer account. Any issues that occur in the shipping process must be resolved by HFC Designer. We have a relationship with the freight carrier that is used and shipping issues are resolved satisfactorily with this company. For this reason, we will not use other carriers.
7) I have a client that is interested in a specific product. Can you tell me where my client can go to view or sit in this item? Answer: No. That is not an acceptable practice and HFC Designer will not subject our stocking dealers or their sales associates to that type of treatment.
8) I have an install for a client in two weeks. Can you guarantee me that the order will arrive on time? Answer: No. ETAs are estimated times of arrival and are not gospel. Furthermore, freight lead times are typically 10 - 14 days and can not be expedited.
9) I delivered the product that I ordered to my customer in the original manufacturer packaging and there were some scuffs and scrapes on the furniture. Can I get a credit to send a repair person to my clients house to do the repairs? Answer: No. You are subject to the same policies from the manufacturer as an authorized dealer would be. The manufacturer's policy reads as follows: " We expect our dealers to handle ordinary deluxing of our furniture as a service to their customers. Ordinary deluxing includes dusting off the unit, touching up minor scratches, leveling to align doors and drawers, and other minor steps necessary to make the furniture satisfactory for use in the home."
10) I received damaged product in a damaged box. Can I get a new item? Answer: That is considered freight damage and must be noted on the freight company paperwork at the time of delivery. You are responsible to provide HFC Designer with a copy of the freight company paperwork showing the damage notation and digital images of the outside of the box showing the damage. HFC Designer will complete the freight claim with the trucking company. The decision to repair or replace the product will be determined by the freight carrier. If you do not provide the properly notated freight paperwork or the digital images, no credit or replacement will be authorized.
11) I received product some time ago and when the box was opened, the item was damaged inside the box. Can I get a new item? Answer: This is considered concealed freight damage. The freight company allows 14 days from the time of receiving to file this type of claim. You are responsible to provide HFC Designer with digital images of the original box showing no damage to the outside and digital images of the damaged item, still in the box. The decision to repair or replace the product will be determined by the freight carrier. If you do not provide the digital images, no credit or replacement will be authorized.
12) Can I have product delivered to a residential address? Answer: No. We use LTL trucking and they will not deliver to a residential address. All freight must go to a commercial address that is open Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
1) I ordered product on separate POs to receive in-stock product quicker. Now the remaining items that I have on order have been discontinued by Hooker Furniture and are no longer available. Can I return the product I have already received back to HFC Designer or Hooker Furniture? Answer: No. The recommended method of ordering and shipping product is to have all items "Ship Complete". If you split POs to receive product as available, you run the risk of this happening. There are no returns or refunds on product that has already shipped.
2) How long does it take to get Hooker product if it is in stock at the time I order the product? Answer: The product usually ships within a week. You must allow 10-14 days of transit time for it to arrive. Certain times of the year this lead time will be longer due to seasonal demands on the trucking industry.
3) When I sent my order to you, the product was all in stock according to Elink. Now, there are items that are no longer in inventory. Why has this happened? Answer: Product availability is determined at the time the order is entered into the manufacturer's system. Your order is not submitted to the manufacturer until HFC Designer receives full payment. If we are traveling when the postal service delivers your payment, we will not receive the payment until we return. There are extended travel periods for our company...for example the High Point market and we can be gone for up to two weeks during those events.
4) An item that was being delivered to my client was damaged during the delivery. Can I get a replacement part? Answer: You will need to log into Eink, search for the item and click on "Replaceable Parts List". That will tell you which parts are available. There may be a charge for the part and shipping. Hooker Furniture does not pay for installation of the part.
5) My customer is interested in product that is upholstered. Can I get or see a fabric sample? Answer: Hooker Furniture provides some samples of upholstered materials...not all. These samples will be mailed from Hooker Furniture. All available samples arrive in about one week.
1) I need to order an item with COM. Can I do this? Answer: Yes. The pricing for COM and the yardage requirements are listed in the Bradington Young price list. You will also need to complete the COM form and return to HFC Designer before the order can be submitted.
2) I would like to order an item with a combination of leather and fabric. How do I calculate the price? Answer: The price is established by the highest grade leather that is used. You will also need to print the item from the Bradington Young Web site and draw lines to each section showing the material to be placed in those areas. This must be submitted with the order.
3) Can I have the balance of the COM material that I sent returned to me? Answer: Yes. There is a $100 deposit up front required to cover the shipping cost. Balance returned at the end of the delivery of this remaining cover.
4) How long does it take to get Bradington Young product? Answer: The normal production time is approximately 6-8 weeks if the frame and leather/fabric are in stock at the time of order. If you are placing a COM or COL order, the 6-8 week lead time begins when all of the material needed to produce the item have been received by Bradington Young. You must allow an additional 10-14 days of transit time for it to arrive. Certain times of the year this lead time will be longer due to seasonal demands on the trucking industry.
5) I ordered two chairs from Bradington Young and one is slightly taller than the other. Can I get a matching set of chairs? Answer: Bradington Young product is bench made. That means each piece is hand-made...not assembly line product. Product sizes can vary because they are not made by machines.
6) My customer has complained that there is a smell coming from their new sofa when they sit on it. Is that defective? Answer: No. Cushion cores are made from petroleum based product and it is normal for them to emit an odor when they are new. This is called "Gassing".
7) My customer wants a higher grade of leather but they can't find a color that they like. Do I have any options? Answer: The primary reason for the higher cost/grade of leather is the amount that Bradington Young purchases from the tannery. The grade I leathers (Bentley Place) are the best sellers and are purchased the most. They are just as high quality as most of the higher graded leathers.
8) I don't like the style of foot that is used on the frame I selected. Can I change the foot? Answer: Only on certain styles is this allowed. Please check the price list to see if this is an option.
9) Can I change the size of the nail trim? Answer: Sometimes. Bradington Young must approve this prior to ordering. There is a $75 up charge to make this change if it is approved.
1) I need to order an item with COM. Can I do this? Answer: Yes. The pricing for COM (Grade C) and the yardage requirements are listed in the Sam Moore price list. You will also need to complete the COM forms and return to HFC Designer before the order can be submitted.
2) My customer wants a custom fabric application that is not listed in the price list. Can Sam Moore do this? Answer: Perhaps. The procedure for this is to print the product image from the Sam Moore web site and draw lines out from the sections of the item and list the fabric pattern/color that you would like on that area. Then, the drawing must be emailed or faxed to: Doug Suess, email@example.com. or F# 530-272-5115. This is forwarded to Sam Moore for a quote. Allow 3 business days for a response.
3) How long does it take to get Sam Moore product? Answer: The normal production time is approximately 6-8 weeks if the frame and leather/fabric are in stock at the time of order. If you are placing a COM or COL order, the 6-8 week lead time begins when all of the material needed to produce the item have been received by Sam Moore. You must allow an additional 10-14 days of transit time for it to arrive. Certain times of the year this lead time will be longer due to seasonal demands on the trucking industry.
4) My customer has complained that there is a smell coming from their new sofa when they sit on it. Is that defective? Answer: No. Cushion cores are made from petroleum based product and it is normal for them to emit an odor when they are new. This is called "Gassing".
5) Can I change the size of the nail trim? Answer: Sometimes. Sam Moore list all the available sized nail trim in the price list. There are no exceptions made except the ones that are listed in their price list.